Monday, February 24, 2014

10 weeks, 5 days - We told

We had the Terlizzis and Matt's parents over for brunch yesterday and made our special announcement.  It was hilarious.  Henry had his big brother t-shirt on underneath a collared shirt he wore to mass, so toward the end of our brunch, when things were winding down, Matt took the collared shirt off of him and let him run around in the bright red big brother shirt.  Nobody noticed.  So Matt picked him up and carried him around.  Still, nobody noticed.  So Matt brought him over to his mom, faced Henry straight at her and started pulling down his shirt, straightening it.  Over and over again.  And she didn't notice.  I'd say he had Henry right up in her face for about 5 minutes before she finally started laughing and got the picture.  Her face turned red, she started laughing, and she looked over at Grandpa to get his attention to point it out to him.  Once Grandpa got it, he yelled so Aunt Amy wanted to know what the big deal was and it was all hugs and congratulations from there.  :D  We had a good chuckle over how long it took them to notice, but I'm super pleased with the way we told.  I thought it was super cute.  I don't know how they felt about it, but I thought it went very well.

It feels so good for them to know now.  Matt emailed his bro and sis after brunch to make sure they knew.  So hooray!  Another big milestone has passed!  Now, to finish up the first trimester and tell the rest of our loved ones!  I don't think I'm going to tell work.  Maybe not ever.  Well, obviously, at some point I will but I think I might just see how long I can go without mentioning it.  If I stay as small as I did last time, I bet I can get almost to 30 weeks before I have to tell.  But I doubt I'll stay that small.  I need to make sure they know with enough time to get a replacement for me before maternity leave plus there's a conference in July that I REALLY don't want to go to.  Might be nice to use this as a reason not to go.  We'll see.  We'll just have to see.  I told last time because I was having so many dr. appointments that they got worried.  This time, most of our project travels and I can work from home on Thursday and/or Friday, so there's no real reason they'd even need to know if I'm out for a dr. appt.  They don't arrive on Mondays until 10 or later and they leave on Thursdays at 3-4, so I can schedule appointments on Fridays or Monday mornings and nobody needs to be the wiser.  Again, we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the way you shared the news! And I'm especially happy you started up your blog again. I enjoyed it tremendously when you were pregnant with Henry. XO

    ReplyDelete