Wednesday, June 4, 2014

25 weeks, 0 days - Glucose test and Destin

25 weeks today!  Hooray!  So crazy that I'm creeping up on my third trimester.  So so crazy.  I had a doctor's appointment today and did the dreaded glucose test.  I chose fruit punch this time.  With Henry, I had to do it twice because they messed up or lost my results the first time.  So I got to try both flavors.  I think it tastes like the McDonald's orange drink we used to have at parties as a kid.  Sort of like Tang.  Anyway, Dr. Lawson said that we'd have results no later than Monday and that I am at higher risk of failing it since I failed last time.  She said that she's seen people not fail it the second time around, but that I'm more likely to need the 3 hour screen than an average person.  Boo.  At least this time I'll know to bring a snack with me to eat after the sugar crash.  Man, that was terrible.

Aside from that, all was fine.  Heart rate was 138, which if you've been paying attention, suggests a boy!  Of course, those old wives are known for telling batty tales, so there's really no telling from that.  But it's fun nonetheless.  My next appointment is on 7/2 and will be with a different doctor since I'll be 29 weeks along.  From my next appointment on, I'll see different doctors in the practice so that I can be familiar with them all in case Dr. Lawson isn't available when I go into labor.  Labor.  How crazy that we'll be doing that again.  She asked me about circumcision, epidurals, and something else today that has to do with the baby.  I can't remember what else.  But it felt weird to have it be so real.  I asked her about checking my amniotic fluid late in pregnancy because of what happened with Henry.  She said that they'd check it after 36 weeks.  So that made me feel better.  Oh, and I asked her about my weight because again, I'm about a pound over what I should have gained by this point.  She said she thinks it's fine.  So that's good.  I was a little nervous.

Anyway, we went on a Rehbein family beach vacation last weekend to Destin, FL.  It was lovely.  Unfortunately, Mel and Bernie didn't make it down but everyone else did.  We had a very very nice time.  I ended up choosing to wear a bikini, for better or for worse.  Not sure it was the right choice, but it's the choice I went with.  Below are a few of my favorite pics from the trip.  I think Henry is going to be a very good big brother.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment