Wednesday, January 29, 2014

6 weeks, 6 days - Worry wart

I called the doctor yesterday because I've decided that I'm officially nervous about the spotting.  The triage nurse I spoke with told me that it's unlikely to be an ectopic pregnancy because I'm not having extreme pain, but told me to pay attention for that.  She said generally, they'd be worried about hcg levels or progesterone based on my particular symptoms, but she said progesterone usually becomes an issue earlier in pregnancy than now.  She told me that they don't want to do an ultrasound at this point because there's just not much to see for another couple of weeks and that it freaks out many women to see an embryo without a heartbeat.  She doesn't want to do that to me, so she said I could come in to have those levels tested.  I asked her what that would do and she said that they'd have me come in then come again 48 hours later to confirm that my hcg levels are increasing as expected.  I really really don't want to do that, so I told her I'd just keep a log of my spotting, that maybe it's not happening as frequently as I think it is, and that I'd reevaluate after that.

So that's where I'm at.  I wish I hadn't looked it up online.  Such a terrible idea.   I really don't want to have to go to the doctor twice in 48 hours just to have levels tested that won't really tell them that much.  But we'll see.  I'll monitor the spotting and see what's going on then make a decision from there.  I wish I could stop worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment