Friday, January 17, 2014

5 weeks, 2 days - Dr. Appt. Scheduled!

I was looking through my calender the other day and realized that I had an annual scheduled for 2/3.  I'll  be 8 weeks on 2/5, so I figured it didn't make a lot of sense to have the annual and then a pregnancy assessment a couple of days later, so I called to cancel the annual and schedule a pregnancy exam.  We're on for 2/17 at 11 am.  We'll do an ultrasound then be seen by my doc right after.  At that point, we'll be 9 weeks and 5 days along.  Crazy.  I'm nervous every time I think about it.  It's funny because before I got pregnant, every single month I felt pregnant.  Now that I am, I sometimes wonder if the test was wrong because I don't.  At all.  It's still super early, I know, but I'm not emotional any more, I'm no more tired than usual, and... well, nothing else.  I know it's early for most of the symptoms to show up, but it still feels weird.

I'm also thinking of switching doctors.  I want to continue going to this one -- Dr. Lawson -- because my doc in Arlington recommended her.  I guess they were really good friends in med school and she told me that I'd LOVE her, just love her.  And I think she's lovely but I haven't seen her much because, frankly, unless you have a problem, how often do you really see your gynecologist?  Her practice is nearly an hour away from where our new house will be but more than that, she's part of a very large practice.  I think there are 7 different doctors in it.  That means I'll only see this one doctor that my old doc just knows I'll love like 2-3 times during my pregnancy.  They cycle you through all the docs in the practice so that the one who is on call when you go into labor has a relationship with you already.  My point in this is, if I have to build a relationship with a bunch of new doctors, why not do it closer to home?  My docs in Arlington took me nearly an hour to get to but that was because of traffic.  It should have only taken me 20.  This one should take me an hour without traffic and, since they're in Buckhead, there's sure to be traffic all hours of the day.  So I guess I'll go to this appointment and then ask her if she has any recommendations on doctors south of the perimeter.  I think I'll print out a list of folks my insurance accepts and see if she has anything to say about any of them.  That's how we ended up with our pediatrician in Arlington and we liked him pretty well.  He was no Dr. Matthews but we liked him.

Speaking of, we should probably ask Dr. Matthews if she has any recommendations on folks south of the perimeter.  Henry's 18 month well baby visit is on 2/13 or 2/14 and it's going to be a pain to drive all the way back up here for those types of things.  Moving is so annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment