Wednesday, January 22, 2014

6 weeks, 0 days - Sweet peas, lentils, and historic comparisons

According to Lillypie (the ticker I use to track Baby Posterity's development), Baby P is the size of a sweet pea.  According to Baby Center, it's a lentil.  They're about the same, so I'm not fussing about the difference.  I can't find the great comparisons I used with Henry where they showed a pic of the fruit next to a quarter so that you could really see what that meant.  I don't know if Baby Center changed it or if I'm just useless now, but either way, I just can't find it.

I went back to Henry's blog and saw that I posted a 6 week, 0 day belly pic so I'll be doing that tonight so we can start the comparisons.  I read the week 6 postings and saw that I got sick right at 6 weeks.  I mean, not really sick because I never threw up or anything and I never got sick enough to do anything about it other than eat crackers in the morning.  So today, as I hit 6 weeks, is it the placebo effect because I'm expecting to feel sick or do I really?  It's not nausea.  But my tummy is off.  Queasy.  Not car sick queasy.  More like spicy food queasy.  And we did eat vindaloo last night.  I think it probably has more to do with that than anything else.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing to be sick.  But I am a little nervous because I don't have any symptoms.  I haven't even been extra tired for the past few days.  I wish we could speed up the first few weeks so that we could go straight to early ultrasound.  I liked being pregnant with Henry.  I felt special and cool and I loved that strangers smiled at me in the store.  I didn't mind the period after I got that early ultrasound up until he was born.  So I'm not saying I want to rush through my pregnancy.  I just want to rush through the part where I'm terrified that Baby's heart didn't start beating or that Baby didn't grow or that something didn't go right and Baby won't be born.  I realize that things can happen after that ultrasound, but if we could just get there, I'd feel so very much better.  3.5 weeks.  Those weeks should fly by because we'll be moving in that period but still.  Ugh.  I hate waiting.

I'll post the belly pic tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment