Thursday, July 10, 2014

30 weeks, 1 day - So tired

Throughout this pregnancy, my major complaint has been about how tired I am.  It never seems to get better, no matter how much I sleep.  I didn't remember being so tired with Henry but as I've read more about absolute exhaustion, I've been seeing anemia as one of the causes.  I don't actually have anemia. BUT I do remember Dr. Lashgari telling me to take a double dose of my iron supplement when I was pregnant with Henry.  I remember looking for a CVS while we were in Tampa at Stephen and Brittney's wedding because I'd forgotten my iron supplements and we were worried about how tired I would get.  So, it seems as if I was very tired with Henry, too.  That makes me feel so much better.  I was starting to worry that there's something seriously wrong with me because I'm just SO very tired.  I'm working from home right now and had to lie down because it was just too exhausting to stay in the chair.  I don't remember feeling that way with Henry, but I must have felt at least some of it, otherwise, I wouldn't have said anything to Dr. Lashgari.  Add in the toddler, never being able to sleep past 7 am, the super long commute to and from work, and the constant stress of feeling like I'm not doing enough at home... well, that seems like a pretty good recipe for exhaustion.  Exhaustion beyond what I felt with Henry.  It hasn't much affected my temper, though I do find myself crying about nothing lately.  Could be hormones, could be exhaustion.  Either way, I feel a whole lot better knowing that it was kind of like this with Henry boy.

Man, this baby is going CRAZY right now.  I'm at the point where I can see these absolutely freaky and crazy movements across my belly when I'm laying down.  Something pointy frequently sticks up around my belly button.  An elbow?  A knee?  I feel a foot in my ribs pretty frequently and, while uncomfortable, it's not as annoying as it was when Henry did it.  My belly button hasn't popped out but I'm starting to wonder if it might actually happen with this baby (it never did with Henry).  According to BabyCenter, Babe is about 3 lbs and 15.7 inches long (about the size of a large cabbage).  Henry was something like 19.75 inches and 6.1 lbs when he was born.  So if those estimates are right, this baby isn't much smaller than our boy was when we met him.  That's pretty wild.

Oh!  And I gained a pound since last week!  I weighed myself yesterday and I'm up actually 1.2 lbs since last week.  Seems as if the protein packing is working!  Hooray!  As of last week, I'd gained 17 lbs so if I keep gaining a pound for the rest of the pregnancy, I should be in pretty good shape.  Dr. Bennett said she wanted me to be at the higher range of the weight gain, but I think at this point, just hitting 25 lbs will be a good goal.  Who'd have ever thought I'd have to work to gain weight?  Goodness.  Not really a problem that has been a part of my life to this point.  :)  Sure would be awesome if, after I had the baby, I got super thin and just had to start eating a lot of ice cream to make sure I didn't get too skinny.  Ha!  A girl can dream, right?

And, for the record, I do feel a lot better when I'm laying down.  Since I laid down a few minutes ago, I'm feeling pretty normal again.  Maybe I'll throw in a load of laundry and then lay back down and see if that gets me through the day: chore, lay down and work, chore, lay down and work... that wouldn't be so bad.  Grandma has Henry so I don't need to get up unless I want to so this might be a good day for me to relax before another one of our crazy weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment