Thursday, March 27, 2014

15 weeks, 1 day - Bladder and Belly Pic!

Ok, so I was googling around the other night to find out how high my fundus is supposed to be at this point.  In case you don't know, your fundal height is how tall your uterus is.  It's a cool feeling at this point because you can feel the hardness of where the baby lives and then once you get past that, it's soft and mushy.  And no, that's not because my abs are so mushy; everyone is like that, fool!  Anyway, during my search, I found this awesome illustration of why I look so pregnant when I have to pee:
Yes, it's a little graphic and I apologize for that but it shows how your bladder sits at the front of your uterus and, as it fills up, it can't push backward because there's a baby there.  Therefore, it pooches out.  But if the same bladder wasn't full, that belly wouldn't look pregnant.  Anyway, nobody else cares about that but me, but I just wanted it documented as evidence that I'm not totally crazy and that I really don't look like I have a belly when I don't have to pee.  I'm not just being stupid.

What you might actually care about is this belly pic!
Aside from my love handles, as you can see, there's not really anything there but a thicker waist.  I kindly cropped out my thighs so you don't have to wonder if there's a baby growing in there too.  I assure you that there's not.  So annoying.

I was thinking that I'm a lot fatter this time than I was last time at 15 weeks, but looking back at Henry's 15 week belly pic, I think I'm about the same:
Actually, now that I look at them side-by-side, I think it looks like my belly is actually smaller this time.  Huh.  Interesting.  I do wonder what's going to go on with this pregnancy.  I guess because I"m expecting to be bigger this time, maybe I'm feeling like I am?  Or maybe I'm just standing up straighter in this pic than I was in the last one?  Interesting.  I did start this pregnancy about 10 lbs lighter than I did Henry's but I've already gained enough to make up for the difference, I think (since I lost weight initially with Henry).  I don't know.  It's just so crazy that I feel so fat and disgusting this time around but my belly looks smaller than it did.  Really weird.  Maybe I just had to pee last time when that pic was taken.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment