Wednesday, March 12, 2014

13 weeks, 0 days - Have I always been this ugly?

I don't know when it happened or maybe it's just something that has always been this way and I only just noticed it, but I am feeling VERY unattractive lately.  I've never thought I was particularly photogenic but I thought I looked ok when I looked in the mirror.  No more.  I've been so sad about the person staring back at me lately that I've just been avoiding mirrors all together.  When did this happen?  Is it a pregnancy thing?  I didn't feel this way when I was pregnant with Henry.  I hate all my clothes.  My work clothes are fine, but everything else I own was either given to me as a gift or as a hand me down.  I get these stupid ads for maternity clothes and the women in them look so amazing.  Yes, they're models but their clothes look so great, too.  I'm just so tired of feeling ugly and dumpy and dowdy all the time.  I guess I should get my hair done, get a facial, and go shopping.  But what if that doesn't help?  And I hate shopping.  That just makes me feel stupid and fat.  Ugh.

What first world problems I have, eh?  I'm living in a spectacular house with a great job and both a healthy child and pregnancy and all I can think about is, "poor me, why am I so ugly?"

No comments:

Post a Comment