Wednesday, August 6, 2014

34 weeks, 0 days - Well hello belly! Belly pic

Well hello there, belly!  Nice of you to join us!


I believe that, with this photo, my belly is officially larger than it ever was with Henry.  I'm still a few pounds lighter than I was when I delivered him but I started out about 10lbs less than I did with Henry so that's no surprise.  Plus, I've still got 6 weeks to go so there's a real good chance we're going to surpass the highest scale numbers this lady has ever seen.  I didn't take any pics with Henry between 30 and 36 weeks so there's no good comparison to show and I don't want to spoil the surprise by pulling the 36 week pic too soon so you'll have to live another two weeks without a compare shot.

Baby is still moving and grooving and still hanging out obstinately in my rib.  Grandma picked up a new monitor for us over the weekend so we can check that item off our list.  So that's one of about 10k things that needed to be done.  Hooray for us!  Ha!

Oh, in other fun news, according to baby center, "...babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."  So that's pretty exciting.  Even if baby was born today, chances are he/she would be fine!  But do go ahead and keep cooking in there for awhile, Baby.  Mommy's not quite ready for you just yet.

Henry started back to school today.  I'm very interested to hear he did with the potty today.  We forgot to have him go after he got up this morning so he went to school without going at all.  But it turned out ok.  He held it and went as soon as they got into the classroom and daddy got him on the potty.  

1 comment:

  1. Maybe if you let me in on the other 10 thousand things you need to do to get ready for the new baby, I can help!!!!

    ReplyDelete