Wednesday, May 28, 2014

24 weeks, 0 days - Viable fetus!

Major milestone today, folks!  As of today, our baby is viable as in, if he/she were born today, there's a chance he/she would survive.  Apparently, if I showed signs of labor, doctors would do things like have an emergency c-section or try to resuscitate the baby if it wasn't breathing upon delivery.  Prior to 24 weeks, I guess most doctors won't do that.  So, big day!

I have the glucose screen next week on Wednesday.  I'm nervous about it.  I hope I don't fail this time.  Just in case, though, I've been seriously indulging in fruit and it's been lovely.  I mean, there's really no limit on the number of blueberries a person should eat at once, right?  Mmmmm... I could eat them forever, I think.  Hooray for 24 weeks!

We leave for Destin, FL tomorrow with Matt's family.  I'm trying to decide if I'm confident enough to sport a bikini or if I'm going to go the one piece route.  They both have their problems.  I for sure look pregnant, but in the one pieces, I look like I'm fat and trying to hide it.  In the bikini, I think it could go either way but I'm not sure folks would look at me and automatically think, "oh, she's pregnant."  They may just think, "oh, she should not be in a two piece."  Then again, it's Florida so there's a real good chance there will be lots of people who shouldn't be in two pieces flaunting their stuff so I should probably just get over it.  What weird things I worry about.

2 comments:

  1. I'd flaunt it in a 2 piece! And don't worry, you aren't the only person not thrilled about being in a bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Aunt Allie! We'll be insecure together. :)

      Delete