Wednesday, May 7, 2014

21 weeks, 0 days - Somersaults and back flips

My goodness!  This babe is AC-TIVE!!  It's funny to me to think that some people don't feel their babies move until they're 22 weeks along because this baby is so extremely active that I can't imagine anyone being able to miss it. It's so cool.  :)  I don't seem to notice a pattern of active and quiet like I did with Henry, but I also haven't been paying close attention.  I just still get excited every time I feel baby get active because it's such a neat feeling.  I wish I had an ultrasound machine so I could see what he/she's doing at any given point.  I can't describe how neat it was to feel baby moving then look at the screen and see what it was that he/she was doing.  Just absolutely amazing.  Pregnancy is fascinating.  I know a lot of people complain about it and a lot of people don't feel well throughout, but man, I just feel so lucky that I have the fortune to experience this incredible miracle growing in my belly.  Even the sickness and moodiness is fascinating.  Our bodies really are cool, cool things.

This week, baby is either as long as a carrot or as big as a butternut squash.  Seems funny because they're so completely different sizes, but whatever.  Baby's growing and that's what matters.

We got the rug for Henry's room yesterday and the paint over the weekend, so it looks like I'm going to need to get started on it sooner rather than later.  I've been feeling so very behind in everything lately and, while there's still 4 months until baby comes, I just don't feel like there's much time.   With the way I feel during the week and how little motivation I have for actual work on the weekends, I'm beginning to wonder if we're going to actually get everything done that we need to.  Really, it's not that much.  We mostly just need to do Henry's big boy room and get him moved in.  And potty trained.  And get a couple of Aunt Le's old chairs reupholstered.  For any Piepers in the audience, I have the deep brownish maroon chairs that Aunt Le used to have in her rumpus room.  They're very faded and the foam is disintegrating, but I love the chairs themselves and want to get them reupholstered in plain linen fabric.  I think that the clean lines of the chairs will look great in linen and then we'll put them in my obscenely large bedroom for night-time nursing sessions.  With Henry, we had a couch in the bedroom, but I don't want to put that back in our room so I'd like to have the chairs done before we have new baby.  I've posted a pic below of what I'm thinking of.  Obviously, this isn't the shape of the chairs, but I'm hoping the finished product comes out to look something like this:

Anyway, that's about where we're at.  Nana sent me a big box of "transition" clothes yesterday, so I have lots to wear now.  She sent me tons of great maternity clothes the other day, too, but I'm liking the "transition" clothes more now because I don't have a big belly yet and maternity clothes really celebrate the belly.  So I feel like they mostly just look weird right now.  But I don't expect it to be too long before I need them.  So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment