Tuesday, May 20, 2014

22 weeks, 6 days - Pretty pregnant

So I'm feeling pretty pregnant these days.  I'm for sure showing and I've told just about everyone at work.  They were so nice and kind and seemed very surprised but, of course, as soon as I told them they were able to see it.  Amy is telling people that I've "popped" so yeah, I'm showing.  I still don't think I'm showing much, that it just depends on what I'm wearing but there's for sure a belly there.  Baby is moving moving moving.  I don't remember when I started feeling Henry's hiccups but I'm hoping this baby doesn't get them like he did.  They were cute sometimes, but mostly, they just kept me awake at night.  They were kind of nice because they were predictable so I could for sure let people feel him whereas the movements are so unpredictable that baby might be moving up a storm then stop as soon as I put a strange hand on my belly.  BabyCenter says that we may be able to see Babe moving soon, so I look forward to that.  It was so gross and weird and freaky last time.  I'm pretty excited for it.  :D

Pregnancy is cool and weird but one of the most interesting things I'm finding about it is how little my pregnancies seem to be about the baby on the way.  For me, that is.  My first pregnancy was totally about me.  In fact, I kind of ignored the fact that I was going to have a baby at the end until the last couple of weeks.  It was all about how my body was changing and how I was feeling and how my pregnancy was compared to other people's and how the world reacted to me.  This pregnancy is about how different it is from my last pregnancy and how the new baby will affect Henry.  I haven't thought much about the new baby at all.  It's so interesting.  Sorry little baby.  We'll be thinking TONS about you soon enough!  I'm sure you won't let us do anything otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment